Thursday, July 8, 2010

MONEY WELL SPENT

Sup guys. So today didn't go as planned as it was supposed to be....but I can say half of it came to be...so no complaining here. So today me and my friend Bill planned on hitting up the shops at Fairfax and then going to the Freestyle Photographic Supply Warehouse in Sante Fe Springs, all before he had to go to work this evening. We planned to head to Fairfax around 10:30 a.m. but boy were we wrong lol, in fact, we just skipped that part entirely. So Freestyle was the plan, and I went to pick up this bitch.

Thanks Bill...

LOL sorry above pic looks totally out of sync with the rest (because I just took a pic of it right now because I forgot about it) but lemme explain. A long time ago, probably the first time I picked up Bill from his house, I think he came out with like a piece of cake and some milk for me LOL. And like another time, he brought out a slice of Boston Creme Pie or some shit. So now, everytime I pick his ass up, I expect some kind of random dessert. It hasn't happened for a while, but I still joke about it when I call him to come out. So this time, I was like "Ey! Bring me some cake bitch!" but instead he gave me the caramel-filled, chocolate chip cookie above. It was tasty, but I find it funny in presentation. He gave me a single, half-eaten cookie in a gallon-sized Ziploc Bag...good going Bill.

Anyways, we arrived at our destination...


This is the Freestyle Photo Catalog Order Center (Click HERE for actual business website). This is a place for photographers and students to go to when in need of photographic supplies from actual cameras, to film, papers, chemicals, everything relating to photography for cheap to decent prices and in bulk. So what you do here is you go in, sit down in this quiet office, flip through the catalog, and write down what you want to buy (and the quantity too), bring up the slip you filled out to the cashier, and BAM! The cashier walks right into the warehouse, gathers all the shit you want, and you pay, walk out and you are done!

One happy camper...

Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 + Instant Film packs

As you can see, we both bought the same thing. That is why we went to Freestyle. We both just got paid and decided we wanted to play around with Instant Photography (Polaroid JUST BARELY making a comeback right now with Instant Cameras). But my real inspiration comes from one of my favorite photographers Yasumasa Yonehara aka YONE, a Japanese erotic photographer who specializes in Instant Photography. I also have to give credit to one of my old friends from way back in middle school, Andrew Quesada, for inspiring me to shoot instant as well as having a raw style of photography as his own. Click his name to see his work.

After my trip with Bill, my friend Brian hit me up (after calling out sick from work) because he was craving some Korean BBQ...how could I deny?! So I scooped him up and headed to Mr. Lee's.

He doesn't look too "sick" to me...

Making use of all the side dishes

Brian...is a different kind of friend. You never know what the fuck he will talk about. From him imagining random shit blowing up, old people dying, to the conversation we had about Smokey the Bear I will detail you about in just a sec. Seriously, Leo DiCaprio needs to head over here and INCEPTION the shit out of Brian's mind. Anyways...so this is what Brian brought up to the plate. He made the claim that Smokey the Bear is really the one responsible for forest fires. Why? To his reasoning, it is because Smokey put so much pressure on ONE person to prevent forest fires, and that one person is the first one he said YOU to, in his famous slogan "Only YOU can prevent forest fires." So with that, he claims that all other people who have caused forest fires are not at fault, because Smokey had already put someone else in a position to prevent forest fire...therefore the fires caused by all else have no liability in Smokey's slogan. Yes....this came from Brian's mouth....

So after we ate, we headed over to Cerritos Mall to check out the new Apple store. Man was it fucking huge, and packed. I would not want to work there at all, although it was cool that I saw old coworkers and friends working there now. So we fucked around with the new iPhone 4 for a bit, tested out the Facetime video conferencing feature and that shit was pretty tight I must say. Also tested out the HD video, and man was that shit clear. Then we hit up the iPads for a bit til we headed to one of the nice iMacs and tuned into LeBron's decision. So Miami ey LeBron? This makes the NBA much more interesting.

And that folks, was my day today. See you next time.

***BONUS***
Seen when we were leaving the mall: What do you say in these kinds of situations...oh yeah..."Speak of the Devil"

No comments:

Post a Comment