Sunday, June 6, 2010

THE MEMORY BOX

BEHOLD!
THE MEMORY BOX!
Whats up yo. So this here GAIN detergent box is not a detergent box no more. Instead, it has become an overstuffed, broken down box full of treasured memories....that smells like fresh sheets. Let's take a peek inside shall we?

I spy a bunch of random shit, don't you. You might be asking yourself right now "WHY THE FUCK DOES DON HAVE A SIMBA TOY IN THIS BOX OF HIS?!" But for your sake, I will not answer that question. Instead, I will dig in and see if I can find something of more interest.

There is seriously so much shit in here. Mostly letters from high school and stuff, but there are also a couple of older memories from elementary and middle school years. But yeah again, mostly high school stuff because I started it then and sadly, stopped then too, so there is nothing from my college years (which is sadly, still ongoing). Anyways....something of interest has appeared!

Now this precious gem right here made me LOL and made a nostalgia bomb drop inside my brain. You are looking at my Pokemon Club Membership Card. Don't hate, I know a lot of you fuckers still play Pokemon right now! So yeah I think I established this club in the 6th or 7th grade, and garnered a couple fellow members. I made everyone's cards, with some high-tech equipment and materials as seen (cheap off-the-computer JPEG print outs, that annoying/shitty golden stationary individual lettering, and look at that laminate job....ok fine its not laminate I just wrapped the card in 2 trading card plastic sleeve things).

Yeah, that's a magnetic strip I drew in with pen on the left, cuz you know, we actually had to slide these into card readers to get into the club....

So from time to time, I pull out this bad boy box of mine and go through some of its contents. It's pretty fun reading and looking at all this old stuff, sometimes not getting the jokes written and some of the events talked about. The real point I started this thing was to have something to look at and laugh/maybe cry at in the far future (if I make it to then that is). Anyways, I won't go through this journey back in time alone. Just like this post, I will share the contents of this box with you, my loyal viewers lol. TIL NEXT TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment