Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Slang Still Worth Slanging

So I was @ work the other day, working with my friend Adrian, cleaning up the Nintendo DS aisle, when I talked to him about words that I still say that I think are still worth using, that I hardly hear used (or not even at all) in the present day and age. You will probably all be familiar with these words still. Some of you might even still use em like me, or maybe some of you have moved on to more classy, sophisticated, or more normal words in substitution for these. Enough yapping let's get to it.

Moded. This is my favorite from the list, and I have never dropped its use since I first learned about it, probably in elementary school or middle school. Now if you don't know what this word means, and how its used, before I explain to you lemme just say WTF?! There. Okay. So basically, to appropriately use this word, it is when you like prove someone wrong about something, and if correctly used, it will embarass them, or make them feel shitty. Like, to really maximize the word's impact, you have to use it when proving something wrong that the other person is seriously SERIOUSLY backing up or defending. Lemme give an example (LOL this is kinda like urban dictionary right now haha)

Friend 1: Don, you're such a bitch, I'm way better than you. Like seriously, I really think that and I think other people think that too.
Me: Man fuck you. You're the bitch, and I'm way better than you. Watch this. HEY! Friend 2, who's better, me or Friend 1?
Friend 2: You are Don. You are much more better, and you are not the bitch.
Me: Fucking MODED!

Sorry. Not used an apology, but used to describe someone, negatively, really negatively. Now out of these 3 words, this one is probably the one still used more today. Such examples as, "Man get your sorry ass outta my face!" or "Damn that fool is sorry as hell" are appropriate ways to use this word.

Biter. Alright, all of you should know this one. It basically means someone who is copying you in whatever ways possible, be it buying the same article of clothing after you obviously had it first, totally ripping-off your style, whatever. To my memory, this word evolved from "Copy-Cat." After, it got replaced by the more popular term "Jocker" which I still hear today. But I like biter better, like if you call a person a biter it'll make em feel more terrible and guilty as opposed to calling em a jocker. But a person is really only a biter if the "biting" is intentional. Here are some scenarios:

NOT A BITER:
Guy 1: Dude, Mark has that shirt already man, you're a fucking biter.
Guy 2: Fuck man, I didn't know that.
Guy 1: K nvm then, you aren't one.

A TOTAL FUCKING BITER:
Guy 1: ***Dang, that shirt that Mark is wearing is totally awesome. I bet I can be cool too if I have that shirt as well, perhaps even cooler than him! *** (goes to school) SUP GUYS! Check out my totally awesome shirt!
Guy 2: Man! Mark got that shit first! You're such a fucking biter. Get you're sorry ass outta here.
Guy 3: Fucking MODED!

1 comment:

  1. lmfao oh man this is all so true


    good post bro.

    we need to get curry soon

    ReplyDelete