Monday, May 11, 2009

Japan Beverage Review: Pocari Sweat

Here's a weird one. This is Pocari Sweat, and it claims to be an Ion Supply Drink, meant to replace water and electrolytes lost during perspiration, kinda like how Gatorade works. Don't let the appearance and the name fool you though. It does look like bottled sweat, and I have no clue wtf Pocari is and if I would be drinking its sweat, but I do know that when I saw this in the store, I just had to give it a shot.

I was hesitant at first, taking a little baby sip to see how it was. It wasn't that bad, it kind of reminded me of Calpico (another popular Japanese drink), it tasted like yogurt flavored water, pineapple to be exact. Not too strong, not too mild, goes down just right.

In the end, I pretty much drank it pretty fast because it was good and chilled, and it did "quench" my thirst and I feel kinda energized. Seems like I got my electrolytes replaced lol. I give this a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment