Thursday, May 14, 2009

SPECIAL GUEST Japan Snack Review: YanYan Double Cream

Sup guys! This time I'm changing it up a bit and having a guest review a snack for me. You've seen her before, and some of you probably know her, but today's guest is: KENDALL! Here is her review....

Hey guys, this is Kendall here. You may remember me from such posts as "I SUPPOSE, HEY!" and "Sushi and Smoke" tee hee. Don came to visit me and asked if I would do a review on one of his Japanese snacks so of course I said yes. I was a bit nervous because I have seen some of his other reviews and didn't want to drink something with a title like sweat, ew. Anyway, so here is my review.

So I opened the package of YanYan and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious smell that arose to my lovely nostrils. I was now ready to taste.

I tried the chocolate one first of course because I am a chocoholic. It seems like a lot of people must be because they give more chocolate than strawberry for you to dip in your stick to. I dipped into the chocolate and took my first bite. The chocolate is creamy and yummy in my tummy as I expected. Nothing to special though. With the bread stick thingy and chocolate it kind of tastes like you're eating a Kit Kat.

Now to the strawberry. I wasn't as excited to try it as much as the chocolate but I ended up liking it more. It's very artifical tasting but still very good. The after taste reminds me of Trix Cereal. Nice and fruity.

Finally to really take it to the next level, I decided to try both flavors together. I love chocolate covered strawberries so I was kind of hoping for that kind of deliciousness. DUMB. It was still good but the chocolate overtook the strawberry's flavor :( Boo.

Overall this snack was pretty good and I ended up stealing the whole thing from Don. Would I want to buy this for myself? Hmmm... I think I'd take those mini chocolate donuts over it. I think I just liked it more because it was in front of me. I give this snack a 6 1/2 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Lets see, Don. You got a hot girl eating a snack that involves dipping a long stick and goo and sticking it in her mouth.

    I smell some marketing thing going on..

    ALSO, THIS IS A COMMONERS SNACK!

    ReplyDelete