Monday, June 1, 2009

Eh?!

I haven't really blogged about my feelings for anything (aside from not updating in a few days), so this will be the first. The topic is: Work.

So, I've been working at Best Buy in Cerritos for almost 2 years now (come August) and it is kinda wearing me down now. I used to work there in 2005 but only as a seasonal employee, who then got laid off. But it was a fun first job experience. After being jobless in 2006, when August 2007 came around while my mom was in the Philippines for a year, I applied again as a seasonal. After the season was over, I was kept onboard, and here I am now, same position, selling the same things (Media Section: Selling video games, CDs, DVDs, MP3 players, house phones).

I've seen a lot happen at the store. First of all, the store changes (especially my section) like every month, seen a bunch of other seasonal hires come and go, seen a bunch of employees quit/get fired or move to another store, been through 2 General Managers already, and finally we just had a restructuring, which was a huge change.

Anyways, since it's Summer time now, and I'm working more than ever. Long shifts staying on my feet all day, walking around all day trying to do something so the day could pass by faster, and for the past few weeks I've been working all weekend (Friday all through Monday to be exact) so it's sorta kicking my ass...

Working makes me feel like this most of the time, especially to dumbass customers who are fucking ignorant, rude, or straight up clueless (It's also my face when I see the break room and how literally dirty/what a mess it is).

This is how I am when the store is dead, when I have very annoying/persistent customers, and during meetings since they take place so early in the morning.

There are the upsides to work though. It's cool when you get customers who really appreciate your help and are genuinely nice, and I have fun coworkers to work with. And lastly, it is awesome when cute and or hot girls/MILFs come into the store, that's when I notice me and my coworkers are most engaged in customer assistance. So this picture shows how I am when I help in these positive situations I just told you about.

3 comments:

  1. I love My Boss, My Hero :D
    Since a funny j-droma :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaahha, you know it dude, thats how we do it foo dont worry man hang in there we're all getting fucked in the ass, time to get a raise for all of the Media Krew dont cha think.

    ReplyDelete