Sunday, June 28, 2009

Final Round. FIGHT!

So yesterday after work I did what I said I would do and headed down to A.I. to check out the Ladies of Street Fighter IV Tournament, the first of its kind. I picked up my friend Adrian and also met up with my co-worker Kevin and his younger brother Daniel(?). Anyways, it didn't surprise me that the place was SERIOUSLY PACKED. Such a good turn out....I wonder why? Oh maaaybe it's because it's a bunch of girls playing Street Fighter IV, can that be the reason? OF COURSE IT IS.

I got there more than mid-way through the tournament, so I only got to see a few matches, but they were all exciting and great. The atmosphere was hyped, everybody was so energized, screaming and heckling, OOOOH'S and AHHHH'S, and lots of WHOOOOOAAAHH'S, all to keep the spirit of the participants high, letting them know that we were there cheering them on and enjoying them showcasing their skills. The girls were pretty good, it's nice to see females playing Street Fighter and I hope this event can get more of them interested in it to have as much fun with it as us guys do. Anyways here are some pics I took and some videos.

Everybody watching the drama unfold.......and see what I mean? PACKED! Such a huge crowd, there are people even standing on top of other arcade machines trying to get a good view of the competition. Such a large mass of people + hot summer heat + tiny area = terrible; the electric fans were not enough.

Probably the most exposed pro-Street Fighter player out there, Gootecks. He has been seen everywhere lately in the media, from local news features and G4TV.

Semi-final match between Miyuki and Anna. Shoo, Gootecks, and another pro who's name I don't know (but who I see all the time lol) on the floor recording matches via direct feed and using mics for live play-by-play commentary.

Lol again that guy I don't know setting up the next match by calling up the next participant in the bracket.

Crowd/local favorite Stacy (as she works at this arcade) going up to take a seat for her next match about to flash the crowd, or was she just trying to cool herself off? She ends up in second place though, losing against Miyuki in the finals.

Naomi, aka Miss Imoan, placed in 7th. Shoo you are a lucky man.


Special final match I recorded. Epic conclusion, watch the crowd go NUTS.


Wrap up interview with the genius behind this whole thing, Shoo, and Naomi, with a message to all girls out there.

1 comment:

  1. I heard the ratio of hot girls to smelly guys was at least 1:35

    Now show me a tournament for the Ladies of Fighting Vipers and I'll be down.

    ReplyDelete