Saturday, June 6, 2009

Spendthrift

Today (before I head to work) I went down to Los Angeles to head to the shops on La Brea and on Fairfax.

The main reason I went down here today is because UNDEFEATED once again delivers a shirt in support of the Los Angeles Lakers.

This is the awesome UNDFTD employee Byata (I hope I remembered/spelled it right) with the said shirt. ORLANDO SUCKS (Since 1989).

The line-up of the La Brea Ave. shops. First up is UNION, that carries mostly high-end Japanese wear/footwear as well as Nike SBs (they have quickstrikes). Next door is STUSSY, no need for explanation for them. Then next to them is UNDEFEATED, a self-brand apparel store as well as a shoe shop (Vans, Nikes, Reebok, Puma, you name it), but they specialize in Tier-Zero releases. Then next to them is the newest store of the block, &STILL, and they carry a bunch of vintage sportswear and caps, also worth mentioning is their old school 720 arcade machine...FREE PLAY too!

You cant just go down one or another. If you go to La Brea, you gotta go to Fairfax as well (and vice versa). So a couple blocks down on Fairfax, I headed to my favorite shop off of Rosewood Ave.

Yes, this is THE HUNDREDS. This shop had me hooked when I was first introduced to them. They grew so much over such a short time, starting with just T-shirts now they have pretty much everything, from denim, accesories, and footwear.

Just a quick shot from the inside with the shop-keeps kickin' it outside for some nice Summer air.

Over at The Hundreds, there is no vibe of elitism inside like some other shops tend to have. The staff here are the friendliest, coolest guys on the block, they are all about customer service. Since I go down here a lot, I've pretty much become good friends with the staff guys. Pictured here are just 2 of the guys, Umi to the left and Alex on the right. THANKS FOR HOOKIN' IT UP ALL THE TIME GUYS! (Missing from the shot are Mike and back from Frisco location Tony, both awesome guys as well).

Now back onto the actual Fairfax Ave. we have TURNTABLE LAB LA. They have just what is expected from their name, pretty much records and DJ equipment, as well as select apparel, vinyl toys and books.

Here is Reserve, flagship store of FRESHJIVE.

Originally from San Francisco, HUF has set up shop down here in LA with their 3rd store location.

One of the dominating presences on Fairfax is this shop right here, SUPREME. Whenever they drop anything, I mean anything, there will always be a HUGE LINE formed up outside, with campers usually first in line.

This here shop is HALL OF FAME, a 2-level hat shop. Mostly fitteds from a bunch of brands, as well as their own.

This shop is FLIGHT CLUB, another sneaker co-signment shop. Need a rare pair of kicks? Head down here, but make sure you have the wallet to handle it. People don't play around with their shoe prices, although sometime you'll find a great deal. Down a couple shops to the right of them is DIAMOND SUPPLY CO., a well-known skateboard/apparel brand.

The drive down to Los Angeles has its good days with little or no traffic, and its bad days (I mean I gotta take the 5 to the 101, then go down Melrose via sidestreet), but I can tell you no matter what that the drive back is ALWAYS a bitch. From the dozens of dozens of times I've been down to the shops, the way back has always been congested or straight up traffic.

It all pays off in the end though. I can never come home empty handed when I go down to the shops. It's really a bad thing, I think I have a problem man.

No comments:

Post a Comment