Friday, June 26, 2009

It Can't Be...

I was working yesterday when I was first hearing about the news of this. Getting a bunch of text messages and calls about it. Buzz around the store was that it was not verified yet that he is actually dead and that he was either in okay condition or possibly in a coma. So I go and take my break and in the breakroom right when I get in I hear the reporter and see the headline basically saying "It is confirmed that Michael Jackson has indeed passed away."

I was in shock and disbelief, especially because the THEY-DIE-IN-THREE'S rule was totally in full effect as Farah Fawcett died earlier that morning and Ed McMahon a couple days before that.

Anyways, as tribute I just overided the stores stupid Best Buy Radio CD's and popped in my MJ playlist on my iPod and blasted that shit. Right round 3ish a lot of customers coming in for anything MJ related, and basically by 3:30 pm we were cleaned out of all his stuff...even Jackson 5 CDs. People though didn't take no as an answer as several people asked to do special orders online for them because they wanted his stuff so bad. SEE MJ's IMPACT!? Like no other individual....

Man seriously i'm heartbroken. I, like many other people, am a huge Jackson fan from as far as I can remember. Although he has had many controversies and shit, you know he was a good person. The King of Pop is gone, but he is a true legend and his music will no doubt live on forever.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment