Thursday, June 4, 2009

NostalgiaFAG Wednesday

In reality it's Thursday morning right now, but I'm one who considers it to be late-night Wednesday, hence the title NostalgiaFAG Wednesday. Anyways, I just want to welcome this as a new section of my blog. Every Wednesday from now on I will post something related to my past, as well as yours, to bring up good or bad memories, namely the awesome 90's.

For today's Nostalgic topic, I bring about the memories of a certain commercial, an anti-drug one to be exact. This commercial, to me, was a good one...and still is, because I say it worked on me...well, somewhat I guess. It didn't work as to making me drug free (as I've done my share of drugs and alcohol), but it worked as in the notion that it has deeply impacted my life, as in BECAUSE I STILL REMEMBER THE GOD DAMN TUNE TO THIS DAY!

If right now you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, you will pretty much know right about now. The commercial I am talking about portrays the life of bees, bees playing basketball. NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT RIGHT? DO I HAVE TO GO ON?! Yes, that commercial! You know, the one where this team of bees are minding their own business shooting some hoops, when all of a sudden a group of "drugged-up" bugs tries to ruin their day?

Well, if by now you still don't know what I'm talking about (and seriously if you don't then WTF?!), the tune went a lil' somthin' like this:

Just hanging on the court playin B-ball,
When these drugged up bugs came out from behind the wall.
They said, "You're no good! We're the best in this neighborhood!"
With no delay, the game got underway,
But the drugged up bugs were too high to play!
They couldn't even hold the ball, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't score at all
(buzz)
That's the buzzer, time to quit, Home Bees 100, Drug Bugs zip!
The lesson here is so plain to see, DRUG FREE IS THE WAY 2 BEE!

Ok right now I'm just gonna accept that you know what I'm talking about now. The thing is, I pretty much remembered these lyrics the same as above (as I pulled it off of google), but I think there is a sentence missing somewhere. I think they also say "At school they thought they were cool, but now they ain't" somewhere in there, but I don't know where. Am i tripping or do you guys remember them saying that somewhere in the song as well?

Anyways, another point of this post is I'm asking if anybody at all has the video to this commercial. Can't find it on google, can't find it on Youtube...NOTHING NOWHERE! If you can seriously dig this up, I will reward you with a handsome prize.

HOPE YOU HAD A NOSTALGIC TIME!

3 comments:

  1. My home-bees are dead and gone
    dead and gone
    Oh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a confession to make.
    I ate all your home bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMFAO.

    Homebeez: 100 Drug Bugs: ZIP.

    I loved that fucking commercial.

    ReplyDelete