Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pho You!

As I was driving home from Long Beach today, for some reason, "I'M CRAVING PHO RIGHT NOW" ran through my mind. If you don't know what Pho is (pronounced fuh), it is a Vietnamese soup, with various meats and noodles. So anyways I rounded up a couple of my friends (Mark, Adrian, Dustin, and Jesse to be exact) and we headed to one of the usual places we go for pho.

This is Pho SAIGON, located right off South St. in Cerritos. It looks pretty weathered down but trust me the food is delish.

I always get the same thing, the #7, which is the rare steak pho. What happens is they put the steak in partially cooked and let the hot soup cook it the rest of the way. Also, I drizzled in some "chocolate sauce" as me and my friends call it, because it looks like chocolate. But in reality, its called "Hoison" sauce and I dunno, it just gives the soup a better flavor, kind of a sweet flavor.

Yes, I also got some eggrolls. MUST be dipped in the sweet sauce.

I still an amateur at using chopsticks (I usually ask for a fork but I didn't want to be a little bitch this time), so this shot took me a couple takes to get it right as I couldn't fucking grip the noodles long enough.

This is a finished pho dish...well kinda. I can only finish the bowl up to this point, I can never finish the soup as I am too full by this period. But, there is only ONE man that could, and his name is Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Dude next time I go down there take me there yeah?

    ReplyDelete